Athletic Clearance Information:
All athletes must complete the online athletic packet at www.registermyathlete.com to be cleared to tryouts for a sport. Students must be registered for each individual sport they want to participate in during each season.
- Clearance includes a current physical, completed after March 1, using the correct AIA form. This form is available here: Physical Papers
- Students must have completed (one time only in their career) the AIA Brainbook Concussion Course from the AIA Academy website http://aiaacademy.org/users/login/brainbook .
- All student athletes must have health insurance. If you currently do not have a policy one may be purchased at www.studentinsurance-kk.com to cover your child for athletics.
Students in 9th-11th grade must be enrolled in at least 5 classes. Students in 12th grade must be enrolled in at least 4 classes. This includes EVIT and GPS online classes for all students.
- Students must maintain a term GPA of 2.0 and can not have earned an I, U, or F on the last grading period.
- Transfer students: Any student who has transferred to MHS from another high school in the last 12 months must complete the AIA 520 form. This is an online form that can be accessed at https://admin.aiaonline.org/public-forms/student-transfer For more information on transfer eligibility please see article 15.10 of the AIA Bylaws or call the MHS athletic office.
History has shown that some of our student athletes wait until the last minute to complete required paperwork. In order to be allowed to tryout the student’s sport registration should show the status of “Ready for Tryouts” or “Completed” on the www.registermyathlete.com website. Students not cleared on time may miss part of the tryout process, not allowing them to show their full potential. It is important to attend all the days of the tryouts. To guarantee being cleared on time, registration should be completed by the Friday before that season’s tryouts start.
Please note: The $100 district required athletic participation fee does not need to be paid until tryouts are completed and before the athlete receives a uniform. This fee is non refundable. It can be paid once tryouts are completed either online at www.registermyathlete.com, or in person in the Athletics office by cash/check. Tax Credit forms are available here and must be turned in at the time of payment in order to be applied to tax credit. This can not be done after a payment is processed. Tax Credit payments can also be made online at https://az-gilbert-lite.intouchreceipting.com/.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Athletics office with any questions at 480-632-4750 ex 1137.
Thank you and best of luck to all our student athletes.